As a mom (and teacher), I strive everyday to engage, nurture, and expand the mind of my little one.
Here you will find the books, music, and activities most useful to me in my endeavors.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Fairies in my Toes

While I was making breakfast and tending to the needs of my 8-month old, I heard my {preschooler} say, "Hey, mommy, yook!  Dere's FAIRIES in my toes."

Yeah, I was puzzled.  And busy.  Had no choice but to stop what I was doing and investigate.

Once I say what she was talking about, I had to run and grab the camera ...


If you hear the words, "There's [insert name of small object] in my [insert body part]." from your toddler's mouth, here are a few guidelines ...

Small toys between the toes ... so cute.
Small toys up the nose ... not such a great idea!

2 comments:

Chi-town momma said...

Yeah, up the nose...bad, very bad! Just thought to myself that we haven't dealt with that in a while, then cursed myself for having such a thought, so now I am sure that there will be something up the nose in the near future!
B likes to stick his foam bathtub letters between his toes and call them his troodon claw (like on the dinosaur train) and he punches tickets...I am loving the whole imagination phase of toddlerhood!

Emmett Joseph said...

Reminds me of when Emmett stuck little plastic snakes in all of his Croc holes -- we called him Medusa toes :)