As a mom (and teacher), I strive everyday to engage, nurture, and expand the mind of my little one.
Here you will find the books, music, and activities most useful to me in my endeavors.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Read Across America


 "You're never too old, 
too wacky, too wild, 
to pick up a book 
and read to a child."

Tomorrow - March 2nd - is National Read Across America Day.  It also happens to be Dr. Seuss' birthday ... no accident or mere coincidence here.

This is a day designated to celebrate reading and the impact Dr. Seuss books have had on generations of young readers.

This is also a great opportunity to read a book (or a dozen) with your toddler.  And why not make it a Dr. Seuss book?  I am certain there's at least one (or a dozen) living on a shelf in your house right now!

If not, you could always turn to the great-and-powerful internet ... 

The official Seussville website.

YouTube Videos, like ...

Or, be inspired by these Seuss-themed Muffin Tins; I especially love this one.

NHV and I plan to celebrate this special day ... all week long ... with five of our favorite Seuss books.

Be sure to check back tomorrow for a peek at  our Seuss Activity-of-the-Day :)

No comments: