As a mom (and teacher), I strive everyday to engage, nurture, and expand the mind of my little one.
Here you will find the books, music, and activities most useful to me in my endeavors.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Kid Kabob Recipe

Considering how much time - everyday, all day - toddlers spend eating or snacking, it's clear that food is pretty darn important. And providing a variety of foods that are high in protein and nutrients, well, that's pretty darn important, too. When it comes to feeding my little monster, I have two priorities: Meals that are easy to make and fun to eat.


My dear friend Missy, momma to Emmett, sent me this recipe just the other day, and I am passing its simple brilliance and yumminess on to you ...


Just skewer frozen chicken pieces or nuggets (thawed in microwave for a minute) with squash or zucchini (or whatever veggie your toddler will tolerate) and a can of biscuits halved. Bake in oven according to biscuit instructions and top with a little melted butter and honey (or let your toddler dip them).


Did you catch the fact that these kabobs include biscuits? You know the truly delicious kind you POP out of their cute little can? 'Cause she had me at "biscuits," if you know what I'm saying! Kid Kabobs, nothing; I'll be eating a kabob or two myself!

1 comment:

Chi-town momma said...

Bought my tube of biscuits today at the store!