The perfect - easy and fun - Halloween craft!
Giving credit where credit is due ... this idea came from Chitown Momma ... and I modified it just a bit.
All you need:
- Toddler's foot ... please leave it attached ;)
- Package of baby wipes ... I was so glad I had these nearby!
- Black marker
- Black Construction paper
- Foam brush or paintbrush of some sort
- White paint - I used this ...
- First strip down your little pumpkin down to her/his diaper ... the paint is washable, but I like to keep my mess and my laundry to a minimum.
- Put down some newspaper and a sheet of black paper on top.
- Sit down just behind the newly prepared "canvas" and put excited toddler in your lap.
- Use the brush to spread white paint all over the bottom of your toddler's foot and toes. I chanted, "Tickle, tickle, tickle," while applying the paint, and NHV thought it was hilarious!
- Press the foot to the black paper - give it a little side-to-side roll - and lift if off.
- Turn that footprint upside down ... viola! A cute little ghostie!
- Once it dries, grab a black marker and make a ghostie expression :)
- There are lots of options for what to do with your finished footprint, I trimmed off the excess black paper, glued it to a piece of orange paper, added initials and the date, and made it into a card for the grandparents. I think Chitown made some sort of wreath with ghostie footprints and pumpkin handprints.