As a mom (and teacher), I strive everyday to engage, nurture, and expand the mind of my little one.
Here you will find the books, music, and activities most useful to me in my endeavors.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Website: Parts of the Body

Just throwing out a quick post before running to Costco ... oh, how I love going to Costco with a toddler in tow!

I searched high and low for interactive websites for toddlers that reinforce or provide practice with Parts of the Body. I didn't find a lot of options, but the one site I did find, I really like. While my toddler is no where near ready to mouse around a website, this is an activity we did together - she pointed and I moused.



Features I love:

  • Starfall is a website that makes learning to read fun - how can you beat that?
  • The visual image of the girl/boy is very clear and cute.
  • The auditory feedback is really great. Natalie enjoyed the tune so much she danced right along.
  • As a teacher, I really appreciate the visual cubes meant for each word/letter.
  • I like having the opportunity to share a computer-based activity with my toddler :)



http://www.starfall.com/n/me/myBody/load.htm?F

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I just checked it out and it looks really neat. A little young for my 18 month old but I am going to give it a whirl tomorrow anyway. :)