As a mom (and teacher), I strive everyday to engage, nurture, and expand the mind of my little one.
Here you will find the books, music, and activities most useful to me in my endeavors.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Smooth(ie) Operator

Are you ready for your weekly dose of Food & Fun here at ToddlerBrain? What's more fun than a bunch of fruit smoothie recipes? And they're food-like, too, right?

Not to jinx myself, but I am making some progress with getting my toddler to eat veggies. However, I continue to count on smoothies as a sure-fire way to increase her daily fruit intake. If I am being completely honest, my fruit intake and my tastebuds are thanking me, too :)


Berr-i-licious Smoothie
1 banana
1 handful of raspberries
1 handful of blueberries
1 cup milk
1 cup yogurt (your favorite flavor)

Add the banana, raspberries, blueberries, milk and yogurt to the blender. Blend well. Enjoy.

http://www.easy-kids-recipes.com/healthy-smoothie-recipes.html

Apple Smoothie Recipe
1 apple, cored and sliced
1 cup apple juice
1 carton apple yogurt or other flavor
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup ice cubes
Mix ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth.

Strawberry Banana Smoothie
1 cup frozen strawberries
2 cups orange juice
1 banana, cut in pieces
½ cup milk
2 tablespoons sugar
Add ingredients together in blender and blend until smooth.

Blueberry Fruit Smoothie
Carton of Blueberry yogurt
1 Cup of milk
1 Cup frozen or fresh blueberries, strawberries or peaches
½ cup ice cubes
Add all together in blender and blend until smooth.

http://www.kids-cooking-activities.com/simple-smoothie-recipes.html

Feeling adventuresome? Feeling autumnal? Feeling a little Jack .. O'Lantern?
Give this one a try ... I double-dog dare you ... and be sure to tell me how you and your toddler liked it :)

Pumpkin Smoothie
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup milk or vanilla yogurt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. brown sugar
4 ice cubes

Combine ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/family/recipe/famf0900pumsmooth/


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Random Bit of F-U-N: A quick Google search for the title of my post, produced this delightful result ... a game that allows you to make (and name) virtual smoothies. More fun than you can shake a stick at, I tell ya!

Planet Science: Smoothie Operator

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, be sure to enter my "What the Heck?" Giveaway. Just comment on ANY post and you're entered to win :)

2 comments:

Sarah :) said...

can I just have you be MY MAMA Dana? :) no, seriously, you are one amazing mom, lady and friend! :) The smoothies sound incredible and in my next life I wish to have the ability to blog as sweet and as creative as you do... fantastic! :)

xoxo

Go Zesty with Dee! said...

Great recipes! I need to get that blender out ...